Deadline: 17 January 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Research Officer will contribute to the analysis of globalization’s impact on social and labour market outcomes at the micro and macro level.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research on social and labour market outcomes of globalization, with a particular focus on impacts of trade and investment arrangements and global supply chains.
- Carry out policy assessments and country level analysis of globalization (including trade and investment) on social and labour market outcomes and dynamics. This includes identifying institutional factors, best practices and proposing solutions to the problems identified.
- Prepare high quality drafted and statistical inputs (based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis) for reports and ensure that the work yields evidence-based policy conclusions.
- Contribute to the development and drafting of international comparative research projects on trade and investment related issues, this includes inputs used to formulate proposals and submit to donors.
- Provide technical backstopping for projects related to globalization, trade and labour, including identification of key research experts and priorities in defined area and organizing events.
- Undertake fact finding missions for the purpose of gathering information and data for research and briefing country counterparts with respect to issues related to globalization and labour.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in economics or political science.
- Three years’ experience at the national level and two years at the international level.
- Experience in developing qualitative and /or quantitative research methodologies.
- Excellent command of one ILO working language.
- Working knowledge of another working language of the Organization.
- Proven ability to draft high-quality reports in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ILO.