Deadline: 17 January 2016
The Research Officer will contribute to the analysis of globalization’s impact on social and labour market outcomes at the micro and macro level.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Officer will perform the following functions-
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research on social and labour market outcomes of globalization, with a particular focus on impacts of trade and investment arrangements and global supply chains.
- Carry out policy assessments and country level analysis of globalization (including trade and investment) on social and labour market outcomes and dynamics. This includes identifying institutional factors, best practices and proposing solutions to the problems identified.
- Prepare high quality drafted and statistical inputs (based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis) for reports and ensure that the work yields evidence-based policy conclusions.
- Contribute to the development and drafting of international comparative research projects on trade and investment related issues, this includes inputs used to formulate proposals and submit to donors.
- Provide technical backstopping for projects related to globalization, trade and labour, including identification of key research experts and priorities in defined area and organizing events.
- Undertake fact finding missions for the purpose of gathering information and data for research and briefing country counterparts with respect to issues related to globalization and labour.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in economics or political science.
- Three years’ experience at the national level and two years at the international level.
- Experience in developing qualitative and /or quantitative research methodologies.
- Excellent command of one ILO working language.
- Working knowledge of another working language of the Organization.
- Proven ability to draft high-quality reports in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.