Deadline: 5 April 2016
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for managing publication development, design and content creation to ensure timely, relevant and compelling SUN Country experience capture and communication across the SUN Movement.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Expertly executing and managing all SUN Movement Secretariat publications.
- Working with an external provider, establish design templates for the full suite of SUN Movement publications which can be adapted based on the communication and learning requirements of countries in the SUN Movement.
- Liaising with relevant teams in the SUN Movement Secretariat and amongst the SUN Networks, project manage the delivery of major publication projects such as the SUN Movement Annual Progress Report, In Practice Briefs and Movement wide knowledge products.
- Liaise with the SUN Movement Secretariat Tri-lingual Communication Officer to ensure all publications and communication materials are produced in English, French and Spanish, with occasional design in Portuguese, Russian and Arabic.
- Provide dedicated publication support to the SUN Movement Secretariat for key high level meetings such as meetings of the SUN Movement Lead Group and SUN Movement Global Gathering.
- Provide timely brand and design solutions for the SUN Movement Secretariat.
- Working with Adobe Creative Suite, manage and develop the brand assets of the SUN Movement Secretariat and propose new design solutions to maximize external recognition.
- Propose and develop innovative info-graphics and communications solutions for helping to communicate challenging concepts to SUN Country stakeholders.
- Provide ad-hoc design support for SUN Countries.
- Working with Communication and Digital Media Advisor, propose and develop designs for the SUN Movement website and for social media engagement (Face book, Twitter, You Tube).
- Review SUN Movement Secretariat communication guidelines and templates regarding – latest news, social media, blogs, letterheads, PowerPoint, business cards, ensuring the consistency of branding use across the Secretariat.
- Liaise with external providers on major design work as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Communications or related area is required.
- An advanced degree in Marketing will be highly desirable.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively relevant experience with exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written at the level of Mother Tongue) is required.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.