Deadline: 14 May 2016
The Procurement Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Procurement Officer and overall supervision of the Chief Supply Chain Management Section and/or the Director of Division of Administration.
ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plan develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity specifically related to major renovations of buildings within the UNECA complex and UNECA Business Continuity (BC) needs through a worldwide procurement of diverse services and commodities (e.g. works, services, information technology, electronic equipment and instruments, vehicles, medicines, foodstuffs, building maintenance materials, office supplies, construction, furniture, etc.), taking into account local economic and other conditions.
- Advice requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepare/oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulate strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establish and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones on the renovation projects of Africa Hall a major conference center of historical significance and business continuity projects in coordination with the Project Team and under the supervision of the PM.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
- Prepare a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provide guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Supervisor and/or Director of Administration.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in supply chain management, procurement and/or purchasing or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is highly desirable.
- A first-level university degree in combination with additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in procurement is required.
- Experience in contract management administration and law is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of French (the working language of the ECA and UN Secretariat) is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ECA.