Deadline: 29 February 2016
The Alliance for Health Policy and System Research (AHPSR) is calling researchers, decision-makers and other stakeholders from low- and middle-income countries for a unique opportunity to engage in Implementation Research and Delivery Science (IRDS) and to highlight their work to the global health community.
The purpose of this call is to solicit case studies that are real examples of projects of Implementation Research and Delivery Science (IRDS). The objectives of these case studies are to demonstrate the benefits of employing this approach on health systems and/or outcomes, as well as to provide insight on how projects are carried out in practice.
Case studies will be published in a compendium by the Collaboration for Implementation Research and Delivery Science between the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research within the World Health Organization, the World Bank, and the United States Agency for International Development.
The compendium will showcase the range of IRDS projects and the potential of this approach for improving health. This compendium may be used for reference by program managers carrying out implementation research in low and middle income countries, teaching by professors or others involved in training and capacity building for research, or to promote IRDS to the greater global health community.
- Stimulating the generation and synthesis of policy-relevant health systems knowledge;
- Promoting the dissemination and use of health policy and systems knowledge; and
- Strengthening capacity for the generation, dissemination and use of health policy and systems research knowledge among researchers, policy-makers and other stakeholders.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The case should be a real-world example of an IRDS project that was carried out with the aim of generating knowledge on the implementation and scale up of interventions, including policies, programs, and practices, as a means of contributing to health improvements and/or systems strengthening in low and middle income countries.
AHPSR is looking for cases that highlight the following factors:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Research that generated knowledge on the implementation and scale up of interventions that was applied, resulting in demonstrated improvements in health systems and/or outcomes;
- Projects that engaged important and diverse stakeholders throughout the research process;
- Research that used a mixed methods approach to provide an in-depth understanding of implementation and scale up;
- Research that identified lessons learned (both positive and negative) about implementation, as well as proposed feasible options for action within the context;
- Projects that contributed to the establishment of mechanisms or a system for continuous learning and adaptation during implementation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Alliance for Health Policy and System Research.