Applications are accepted on rolling basis
The Global Innovation Fund (GIF) is currently accepting applications from social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organisations, government agencies, international organisations, and researchers in any country to apply for funding. GIF welcomes applicants to propose innovative, cost-effective solutions that address any major development challenge in any country (or in multiple countries) in the developing world.
GIF is nonprofit innovation fund headquartered in London. The Global Innovation Fund invests in social innovations that aim to improve the lives and opportunities of millions of people in the developing world. The fund look for innovative solutions to global development challenges with the potential for substantially greater impact than existing approaches, especially for poor and vulnerable groups.
What the Fund seeks?
- Innovation and Impact: GIF supports innovations that benefit people living on less than the equivalent of $5 per day (PPP) in developing countries, and we are especially interested in innovations that impact people living on less than $2 per day (PPP). We are also seeking innovations that benefit vulnerable groups such as women and girls, the disabled, minority or indigenous groups, refugees or displaced communities, or other vulnerable populations.
- Potential to Scale: It seeks innovations that have potential to eventually scale up and meaningfully improve the lives of millions of people living in developing countries.
- Team: It looks for innovators with the relevant expertise and capabilities to achieve success, with clear roles, responsibilities, and time commitments needed to be successful. Teams should be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of the problems they are addressing and what approaches are likely to work in the local environment surrounding their innovation.
What does GIF offer to innovators?
- Flexible range of financing options. GIF offers grants, loans (including convertible debt), and equity investments ranging from $50,000 to $15 million USD.
- Access to vast global network. The innovators gain access to GIF’s growing network of innovators, experts, and funders around the world.
- Venture and technical assistance. GIF can help to connect innovators with assistance based on their needs.
- Bridge to follow-on funding. GIF helps to connect the innovators to other donors and investors.
Check the eligibility criteria and application information in the Next page.