Applications are accepted on rolling basis
The Global Innovation Fund (GIF) is currently accepting applications from social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organisations, government agencies, international organisations, and researchers in any country to apply for funding. GIF welcomes applicants to propose innovative, cost-effective solutions that address any major development challenge in any country (or in multiple countries) in the developing world.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
GIF is nonprofit innovation fund headquartered in London. The Global Innovation Fund invests in social innovations that aim to improve the lives and opportunities of millions of people in the developing world. The fund look for innovative solutions to global development challenges with the potential for substantially greater impact than existing approaches, especially for poor and vulnerable groups.
What the Fund seeks?
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Innovation and Impact: GIF supports innovations that benefit people living on less than the equivalent of $5 per day (PPP) in developing countries, and we are especially interested in innovations that impact people living on less than $2 per day (PPP). We are also seeking innovations that benefit vulnerable groups such as women and girls, the disabled, minority or indigenous groups, refugees or displaced communities, or other vulnerable populations.
- Potential to Scale: It seeks innovations that have potential to eventually scale up and meaningfully improve the lives of millions of people living in developing countries.
- Team: It looks for innovators with the relevant expertise and capabilities to achieve success, with clear roles, responsibilities, and time commitments needed to be successful. Teams should be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of the problems they are addressing and what approaches are likely to work in the local environment surrounding their innovation.
What does GIF offer to innovators?
- Flexible range of financing options. GIF offers grants, loans (including convertible debt), and equity investments ranging from $50,000 to $15 million USD.
- Access to vast global network. The innovators gain access to GIF’s growing network of innovators, experts, and funders around the world.
- Venture and technical assistance. GIF can help to connect innovators with assistance based on their needs.
- Bridge to follow-on funding. GIF helps to connect the innovators to other donors and investors.
Check the eligibility criteria and application information in the Next page.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.