Deadline: 10 December 2013
The International Labour Organization’s (ILO) Youth Employment Network (YEN) in collaboration with the United Nations (UN), the World Bank, and the ILO’s Small Enterprise Unit (SEED) has issued a call for proposals for the Fund for Evaluation in Employment: Building evidence on the labour market effects of enterprise interventions.
The Fund for Evaluation in Employment seeks to improve the effectiveness of employment creation interventions and programs by expanding the evidence on what works, why and how in the areas of enterprise and entrepreneurship development. Policymakers and development partners – including donors, international organizations and civil society – are looking for solutions to the employment challenge, with private sector and enterprise development being one of the main channels to more and better job creation.
This Fifth Call for Proposals seeks to improve the effectiveness of enterprise development interventions by expanding the evidence on what works, why and how in the areas of value chain and entrepreneurship development. The Fund addresses the two challenges mentioned above by providing adapted types of support, depending on which track the applicant and the proposed project belongs to.
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits:
TRACK 1: Applicants assessed as being at the “Ready for an IE” stage:
- The Fund will provide seed funding to selected evaluations ranging from US$5,000 to US$180,000, which in most cases means projects will have to bring in co-funding to supplement the costs.
- The total amount of the Evaluation Fund is $360,000.
- 3ie will provide co-funding through their policy window to carry out two full impact evaluations.
TRACK 2: Applicants assessed as being at the “IE pipeline” stage:
- Expenses paid for one participant to attend the Evaluation Clinic
- Depending on availability of funding after the Clinic: seed funding to cover costs of technical assistance to strengthen an organization’s M&E system and/or to finalize a solid evaluation plan to conduct an IE
- Intensive training on M&E methodologies and techniques during the Clinic
- Assignment of an evaluation expert who will be focused on the organization’s evaluation live case during the Clinic
- Exposure to the other Clinic participants’ experiences and lessons during the work on their live cases
- All selected applicants:
- Access to knowledge sharing portal and a youth entrepreneurship community of practice
For more information, visit this link.
- United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) 2013: Learn How to Apply
- USAID and Government of Sweden: ‘Securing Water for Food’ Funding Opportunity
- FundsforNGOs Guide: Fundraising for Film and Media projects
- Acumen’s Global Fellows Program for Social Impact Leaders Opens Today!
- How to win funding from the Stars Foundation