The United Nations (UN) Trust Fund is accepting applications for its Small Grants Programme under the Second Decade Call for Proposals for the year 2013. The fund provides grants for projects with a budget of up to US $10,000 covering one year’s expenses.
The UN Trust Fund is inviting indigenous organizations or organizations working for indigenous peoples to apply for this grant opportunity. The Fund will give priority to projects that focus on the areas of health (physical and mental well-being) and education (such as language revitalization). The proposals will be assessed by the Bureau of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues in May 2013 and successful applicants will receive notice thereafter.
The main aim of the Trust Fund is to support programs and projects advancing the goal of the Second International Decade to “Strengthen international cooperation for the solution of problems faced by indigenous peoples in such areas as culture, education, health, human rights, the environment, social and economic development, by means of action-oriented programs and specific projects, increased technical assistance and relevant standard-setting activities.”
The Small Grants Programme for the Second International Decade of the World’s Indigenous Peoples of the United Nations Trust Fund on Indigenous Issues was established in 2004 to promote, support and implement the objectives of the Decade.
Proposals have to be submitted in the given application form. The deadline for submission is 1 October 2012. For more information, visit this link.
Guidance material on how to apply and write proposals to this grant opportunity:
Disclaimer: The guidance material provided in the following link is an unofficial piece of information which is neither complete or accurate. Readers are advised to use this information as a basic framework to build ideas for developing a good proposal.
- A Quick Review of Previously Funded Projects under Small Grants Programme of the UN Trust Fund
- How to apply for the UN Trust Fund 2013 Small Grants Programme
- Understanding the UN Trust Fund Priorities for applying for its Small Grants Programme
- How to write the Proposal for the UN Trust Fund Small Grants Programme
- How to write Project Description and Rationale for the Small Grants Programme
- How to write Background in Proposals for Small Grants Programme
- How to write Strategy in Proposals for Small Grants Programme
- How to write about Sustainability in Proposals for Small Grants Programme