Deadline: 19 April 2016
The Joint Programming Initiative “A Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life” (JPI HDHL) has been established to coordinate research in the areas of food, diet, physical activity and health in order to achieve tangible societal and health impact and to strengthen European leadership and competitiveness in this field.
The proposals have to fulfill the following conditions:
- Proposals should focus on biomarkers that are modifiable by diet (or a combination of diet and physical activity) and reflect a healthy state, or focus on its transition towards diet- and lifestyle-related disease. Studies focusing on disease biomarkers are outside the scope of the call.
- Proposals can aim to identify new biomarkers, or build upon previous identification studies through necessary validation.
- Proposals which focus on identification of new biomarkers should demonstrate the relevance of the biomarker to human health and should carefully consider approaches for validation.
- Proposals should
- make use of existing biobanks and/or cohorts;
- explain why no existing biobank or cohort is used.
- Proposals should explain how the data gathered through their project would be available to the wider research community.
- Proposals should avoid overlap with the aims and objectives of FOODBALL and Mirdiet.
- The joint research proposals may be submitted by applicants working in universities (or other higher education institutions), non-university public research institutes, hospitals and other health care settings.
- Participation of private parties is encouraged as well as commercial companies, in particular small and medium-size enterprises.
- Only transnational projects will be funded: each consortium must involve a minimum of three partners eligible from the participating funding organizations and a maximum of six partners eligible from the participating funding organizations from at least three different countries.
- No more than two eligible partners from the same country will be accepted in one consortium.
How to Apply
- There will be a two-stage submission procedure: pre-proposals and full proposals.
- Both pre- and full proposals must be written in English and must be submitted online through the JPI HDHL Electronic Submission system.
For more information, please visit ERA-HDHL.