Deadline: 26 November 2015
European Region of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA-Europe) is currently inviting applications for its ‘Allies in Action’ small fund to support impactful, creative, and genuine ideas by local LGBTI communities and those who are ready to contribute by action and knowledge to better environments for LGBTI and better understanding of sexual orientation, gender identity, sex characteristics (SOGISC). The fund is meant to enable initiatives and actions that inform and involve individuals, communities, and groups outside of LGBTI movements.
Initiatives are supported that:
- Are led by LGBTI persons and/ or allies of LGBTI (with no limitation in regards presence or absence of official registration of the group).
- Are implemented locally by groups eligible countries (mentioned above).
- Aim to engage, inspire, mobilize individuals and groups that are in a position to impact everyday realities of LGBTI persons, advocacy capacity of LGBTI organizations, and/ or proper understanding of issues pertaining sexual orientation, gender identity, and sex characteristics among particular audiences and groups.
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how this action contributes its bit to a change you want to achieve in your environment.
- Are concrete and scalable (i.e. with balanced, matching goals and actions).
- Are endorsed by LGBTI organizations (if proposed by an informal group of allies or activists).
- Require funding from ‘Allies in Action’ of no more than 5 000 Euros (if your initiative will be additionally funded by someone else, then the total combined budget should not exceed 12 000 Euros).
- Value feedback and are interested in the opportunity of engaging external expertise, and therefore commit to regular communication with us in the course of application, implementation, and reporting.
- Initiatives that feed into, reinforce, and/or diversify other ongoing efforts towards better environment for LGBTI persons and protection of their rights (by you or another group).
- Genuine approach to action that is strongly rooted in a local reality, with its limitations, opportunities, and existing relations.
- Duration of action or initiative of no more than 6 months in total (from receipt of the award to its completion and reporting).
- Willingness to share experience with colleagues and activists across the above-indicated countries and beyond.
Initiatives not to be supported:
- Initiatives aimed at the anonymous, faceless ‘general public’ or ‘broader audience’, without a clear vision of the specific people (or their groups/ communities) that you want to approach or work with and why you think it is needed.
- Structural costs, such as ongoing office rental or salaries (please note that honorariums/ one-off fees needed within your specific action can be supported if scalable).
- Initiatives proposed and managed through external third-party organizations (unless it is a joint action by your group and a local LGBTI organization). We want to cooperate directly with the groups we support, without an additional layer in-between.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the letter of interest template available on the website and send it via email.
For more information, please visit small fund.