Deadline: 30 October 2015
International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is currently calling for entries for the ICT for Mountain Development Award 2015. The award seeks to recognize ICT-enabled innovations, good practices, and applications that help promote mountain development and environmental conservation in the Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) region. The awards were open to individuals or organizations that are making innovative use of ICT to promote mountain development in the HKH region. The award reflects the increasing importance ICIMOD places on the potential of ICTs to improve the lives and livelihoods of mountain communities.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The award(s) will be announced on the occasion of International Mountain Day (IMD), 11 December 2015. Winners will receive prizes along with a certificate of recognition.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
For this year, there will be awards in the current four thematic work areas of ICIMOD-
- water and air
- ecosystem services
- geospatial solutions.
There could also be other categories such as ‘audience choice award’ and/or ‘special mentions award’. While the applicants are required to choose one of the broad categories, including ‘others’, they can focus on a specific work area while making the submission, e.g., mountain agriculture, disaster management, forestry, environment, mountain tourism, open data, inclusion, etc. The same work cannot be submitted in multiple categories.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- To recognize innovations in ICT for Development that can promote mountain development and environmental conservation;
- To identify key institutions and practitioners working in ICT for Development and help build partnerships through ICIMOD’s regional programmes;
- To showcase and share innovative work being done in the interest of mountain communities.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
ICT for Mountain Development Award 2014 were given to
- Avinash Jha and Sibjan Chaulagain from Nepal for ICT for Agriculture, an SMS-based mobile system that provides farmers with real-time information on agriculture.
- Jayprakash Panwar from India, for his Channel Mountain Communication (CMC), a development communication organization that generates and maintains a large collection of digital resources on the environment, development, culture and social issues in Uttarakhand State, India.
- Suleman Mazhar from Pakistan, for his Development of Geospatial Data-loggers for Monitoring Transhunamce Grazing Patterns to study climate change impacts on grazing communities. These cost-effective, power-optimized GPS collars were used to monitor and record the seasonal herding movements in northern Pakistan.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- The call is open to anyone residing in any part of the world as long as the project case/work is relevant to the context of HKH. Individuals, entrepreneurs, INGOs , development practitioners and institutions are all eligible to submit their work.
- All forms of Information Communication Technologies (mobile, radio, Internet, digital content, blogs, robotics, multimedia, etc.) relevant to mountain development and environmental conservation are eligible for submission.
How to Apply
- Applicants will have to submit their work electronically through a web-based interface.
- After filling out the online form, share a presentation/video clip about your project via email.
- A panel of judges will select winners/awardees after an initial screening and evaluation process.
- The winners/awardees will be announced on International Mountain Day (IMD), 11 December 2015.
For more information and to submit the online application form, please visit ICT Awards 2015.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.