Deadline: 2 May 2016
The Innovation Fund Denmark is seeking applicants in order to invest in projects with growth potential with an aim to advance ingenious innovation concepts which cut across disciplinary divides or which lie outside of the theme-specific calls with earmarked funds.
The fund’s vision is to thrive entrepreneurship, partnership and international outlook so that ideas, knowledge and technologies may be translated into viable businesses and innovative solutions for the benefit of society.
IFD invests in projects which in the short or long term result in the implementation of new technologies and processes, or which combine established technologies and processes innovatively and productively.
Themes & Purpose
- Competitive environmental technologies
- translate environmental knowledge, technological solutions etc. to improve the quality of life, health and biodiversity as well as growth and increased employment – nationally and internationally.
- use research and innovation to build and strengthen knowledge about the Danish and global environmental problems to maintain and strengthen the competitiveness of Danish companies – nationally and internationally.
- contribute to smart environmental regulation that cut across subject areas and respect the environment, health and economy and continue to demonstrate that it is possible to decouple growth and increased consumption from increased environmental pressure.
- Food and resource efficient biological production
Innovation Fund objective with investments in the food and resource efficient biological production is to strengthen the Danish food sector so that it more fully moving in a direction that puts Denmark on the world map in the resource-efficient, environmentally friendly and cost-effective production of healthy, competitive food high quality, and integrates issues and unique solutions across disciplinary boundaries.
- Strategic growth technologies
Innovation Fund invests specifically in Strategic Growth Technologies to ensure the development and application of new interdisciplinary and advanced solutions in all fields in the Danish society creates measurable value through increased growth.
- Health and clinical research
Innovation Fund investment in health and medical / biotech will create real value for the Danish population.
Innovation Fund targets investments is contributing to an economically attractive transformation of the energy sector from black to green energy and consequent growth and jobs throughout Denmark.
- support / improve the competitiveness of the tourism industry through innovation, creating quality tourism and efficiency improvements
- linking evidence-based knowledge with tourism industry players to create “value for money” and mature and develop tourism industry
- increase circulation in the peripheral areas and make better use of the Danish potentials – including through improved interaction between players in the tourism industry, research and regulation
- provide a basis for scaling of results from research and innovation to other local areas.
Innovation Fund objective with investments of psychiatry is to create real value for patients, the public and society.
- Transport and infrastructure
- contribute to a future transport system that cost-effectively delivers high mobility while the environmental challenges are addressed
- develop innovative technologies that can be market-ready or more competitive in the coming decade, which can be exploited optimally in accordance with the societal objectives
- explore opportunities to influence future transport behavior
- identify the need for regulation and opportunities for traffic management and other initiatives, as new technology is pointing to.
- Future welfare
Innovation Fund aims to investments in the welfare sector is creating real value for citizens, people and society. The fund will help to ensure that welfare solutions continuously improved based on new knowledge and evidence-based solutions.
- Open invitation
Innovation Fund objective with investments in the “Open Sticky” is to strengthen the brilliant innovation ideas that cut across several subject areas or which lie outside the thematic calls with earmarked funds.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Innovation Fund Denmark.