MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation with The A. Ofri International Training Center invites professionals to participate in the International Course on “Education for Sustainable Development in Kenya and African Countries” to be conducted from March 20th– April 8th, 2016.
Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) aims to preserve environmental integrity, economic viability, and a just society for present and future generations. ESD addresses these objectives through the establishment of broad teaching and learning processes that emphasize an interdisciplinary and holistic approach, which promotes critical and creative thinking in education. The course aims at Implementation of Education towards Sustainable Development in Schools.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The course will be held at the A. Ofri International Training Center, situated in the Ramat Rachel Hotel on the outskirts of Jerusalem.
This course aims at
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Development of self-identity and values reflecting the worldview of the teacher as an educator for sustainability
- Imparting of knowledge and information on current environmental, social and economic issues and the relationship between them
- Development of creative and flexible methods of thinking that will enable the identification of environmental and social problems and their solutions
- Introducing, understanding and practicing of integrative approaches to educational planning, through the creation of curricula combinations around a common principle – sustainability and sustainable development
- Development of professional and pedagogical skills
- Development of entrepreneurship and good citizenship, social and environmental leadership
- Those who complete the program will be able to:
- Initiate, develop and lead educational and/or community projects dealing with complex socioenvironmental-social issues
- Analyze projects in a reflective way so as to assess them with appropriate methodologies
The Ofri International Training Center has developed a unique, holistic approach that takes into consideration the emotional and creative aspects of the pedagogical process. Its working methods enable program participants to make practical use of theoretical knowledge.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Lectures and discussions led by experts
- Analysis of educational planning through written material and professional visits
- Meetings with institutional administrators and acquaintance with projects at the national and regional levels
- Simulations, panel discussions, and group work
- Preparation of final projects by individuals or groups
- Study tours at schools, educational centers, universities, teacher training institutions and pedagogical resource centers
Who can Apply
For this course, applicants can be:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Kenya according to the MOU Curricula Developers from Teacher’s Colleges, Kenya’s Ministry of Education and KICD Officials.
- KEPSHA and KESSHA Management staff, Head Teachers and School Principals.
- Other African countries: Directors of Departments in MOE’s, Principals, Head teachers, Supervisors, Curricula Developers.
How to Apply
Application forms and other information can be obtained at the nearest Israeli mission or at MASHAV’s website. Completed application forms, including the medical form, should be sent to the relevant Israeli mission in the respective country.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
MASHAV awards a limited number of scholarships. The scholarship covers the cost of the training program including lectures and field visits, full board accommodation in double rooms (two participants per room), health insurance and transfers to and from the airport. Medical insurance covers medical services and hospitalization in case of emergency.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information about this course, please download this PDF.