Deadline: 7 April 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Burma (USAID/Burma) is seeking applications from qualified organizations to implement the Defeat Malaria activity with an aim to reduce the malaria burden and control artemisinin-resistant malaria in the targeted areas, and contribute to the long-term national goal of eliminating malaria in Burma.
Defeat Malaria will strengthen the capacity of local partners, from national to peripheral level, to effectively lead, manage and implement interventions towards the goal of malaria elimination. It will also strengthen the malaria surveillance system to better inform and target interventions and strategies and to monitor progress and will engage communities and promote the involvement of the private sector.
- Achieve and maintain universal coverage of at-risk populations with proven vector control and case management interventions, while promoting the testing of new tools and approaches.
- Strengthen the malaria surveillance system to comprehensively monitor progress and inform the deployment and targeting of appropriate responses and strategies.
- Enhance technical and operational capacity of the NMCP and other health service providers at all levels of service provision.
- Promote the involvement of communities, private healthcare providers, private companies and state-owned enterprises in malaria control and elimination initiatives
- Strengthen national ownership and leadership
- Foster capacity and sustainability
- Coordination with other donors and partners
- Gender considerations
Grant Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide up to $32 million in total USAID funding over a 5-year period.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Both U.S. and non-US organizations may participate under this NOFO.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO will perform a pre-award risk assessment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Defeat Malaria Activity.