Deadline: 25 April 2016
The University of San Diego is calling applications for 2016 Women PeaceMakers Program (WPM) that is a unique residency program for women engaged in peace-building and human rights. It involves learning, teaching and taking the time to narrate a personal, unique story of peacemaking.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Through better understanding of individual human rights advocacy and peacebuilding work, the program aims to build greater cross-cultural understanding and to document the challenges and successes of women who have been involved in peacemaking efforts in their own communities, country or region.
Four Women PeaceMakers are selected each year to participate in an eight-week residency at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, located on the University of San Diego (USD) campus in San Diego, California.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Work together almost daily with a professional Peace Writer (experienced in interviewing and writing) to document in written form stories of her life and work.
- Have her experiences and personal stories also captured on video.
- Live with fellow Women PeaceMakers, while sharing with and learning from one another the lessons she have learned in her peacemaking journey.
- Take time to reflect in a safe and nurturing environment that promotes new learning and an authentic exchange of ideas.
- Share her experiences of peacemaking and human rights advocacy with students and faculty at USD, and at other schools and universities in Southern California.
- Participate and assist for 2 weeks in teaching undergraduate students who are gaining a minor in Peace and Justice Studies at USD, in a course related to “War, Gender and Peacebuilding.”
- Meet with and learn from local and national leaders involved in human rights, political action and peacemaking efforts, and visit local governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- Become a part of the Women PeaceMakers alumnae network that may be called upon for international peacemaking and post-conflict planning processes.
Women PeaceMakers must:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Have extensive experience (usually 10+ years) working directly in peacemaking and/or human rights efforts at a grassroots, national or international level.
- Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences. Written English is not necessary.
- Be in a position to apply what is learned and/or to share with others at the conclusion of the residency program.
- This is a program open to women who have been involved in either official or unofficial peace processes and who may be working at the grassroots, national or international level.
- The Program selects women who have been active in efforts to secure a just peace, namely, through conflict resolution and civil society participation that is inclusive and honors human rights.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Women PeaceMakers Program.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.