Deadline: 25 April 2016
The University of San Diego is calling applications for 2016 Women PeaceMakers Program (WPM) that is a unique residency program for women engaged in peace-building and human rights. It involves learning, teaching and taking the time to narrate a personal, unique story of peacemaking.
Through better understanding of individual human rights advocacy and peacebuilding work, the program aims to build greater cross-cultural understanding and to document the challenges and successes of women who have been involved in peacemaking efforts in their own communities, country or region.
Four Women PeaceMakers are selected each year to participate in an eight-week residency at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, located on the University of San Diego (USD) campus in San Diego, California.
- Work together almost daily with a professional Peace Writer (experienced in interviewing and writing) to document in written form stories of her life and work.
- Have her experiences and personal stories also captured on video.
- Live with fellow Women PeaceMakers, while sharing with and learning from one another the lessons she have learned in her peacemaking journey.
- Take time to reflect in a safe and nurturing environment that promotes new learning and an authentic exchange of ideas.
- Share her experiences of peacemaking and human rights advocacy with students and faculty at USD, and at other schools and universities in Southern California.
- Participate and assist for 2 weeks in teaching undergraduate students who are gaining a minor in Peace and Justice Studies at USD, in a course related to “War, Gender and Peacebuilding.”
- Meet with and learn from local and national leaders involved in human rights, political action and peacemaking efforts, and visit local governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- Become a part of the Women PeaceMakers alumnae network that may be called upon for international peacemaking and post-conflict planning processes.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Women PeaceMakers must:
- Have extensive experience (usually 10+ years) working directly in peacemaking and/or human rights efforts at a grassroots, national or international level.
- Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences. Written English is not necessary.
- Be in a position to apply what is learned and/or to share with others at the conclusion of the residency program.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- This is a program open to women who have been involved in either official or unofficial peace processes and who may be working at the grassroots, national or international level.
- The Program selects women who have been active in efforts to secure a just peace, namely, through conflict resolution and civil society participation that is inclusive and honors human rights.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Women PeaceMakers Program.