Application Deadline : 10 Feb 2013
World Bank invites applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Coordinator. Job location is Washington DC. Essential languages for the job are English, French and Spanish and the knowledge of Arabic and Russian will be an advantage for the applicants.
Qualifications and Experience :
- At least a Masters Degree in engineering, natural resources management, economics, business administration, or other relevant extractive industry development areas.
- A minimum of 8 years of broad international oil and gas work experience, with specific country/region based industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing operations using innovative approaches, demonstrated strong knowledge of operational procedures and the investment project cycle.
- Exposure to and experience in a mix of project, policy, negotiations and planning issues in oil and gas ideally in the public sector and in industry;
- General Economic Knowledge and Analytical Skills – Possesses Cross-country knowledge in economic specialty and demonstrates ability to link the macro, institutional, and micro-level behaviors; able to support findings/policy recommendations with credible analysis and tools.
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Translates technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies; interacts with clients at the policy level.
- Policy Dialogue Skills – Anticipates needs and requests in the field and conducts independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners.
- Oil and Gas Policy and Strategy and Institutions – Solid understanding of oil and gas policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations.
- Project Design for Impact and Sustainability – IL – Contributes to the design of projects and programs, based on an understanding of the country and sector context.
- Sector Dialogue – IL – Able to conduct a dialogue with the client on familiar topics, with a narrow scope, based on a solid understanding of the sector.
- Operational Project Management – Demonstrates in depth knowledge and understanding of project management tools & methodologies, as well as of Bank instruments and processes related to project preparation & implementation, resource management, and stakeholder communications.
- Knowledge of Relevant Bank Procedures and Associated Guidance – DPL – Has a solid understanding of all aspects of BP 8.60 and associated Good Practice Notes; has experience in designing DPOs.
- ESW/TA Policy, Strategic and Technical Analysis for Country/Sector Issues – Participates fully in the production of quality AAA work and policy papers, leveraging relevant analytical tools and a grasp of issues surrounding policy and sector reform.
- Client Orientation – Maintains client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
- Drive for Results – Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
For more information visit this link.