CBM is an international development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of Persons with Disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause, and a consequence, of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all.
CBM works through partner agencies—secular and governmental—enables them to provide high-quality preventive, curative, educational, and rehabilitative services in order to maximize the quality of life of an increasing proportion of people with disabilities and those at risk of disability.
CBM SARO(N) has just completed the formulation of its regional strategy. In line with the specific objectives spelt out in the regional strategy document ,CBM SARO(N) is in the process of selecting partners from the states of Bihar, Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh.
- In this connection, CBM SARO(N) is requesting suitable agencies working in the above mentioned three states to submit proposals which:
- Promote persons with disabilities, their rights and entitlements and strive to make a tangible difference in their lives through inclusive development approaches.
- Have a strong belief in community based approaches to dealing with disability issues in urban and rural settings.
- Work with people with multiple disabilities.
- Have a strong belief in rights based approaches to development and sustainability of programmes.
- Complement government programmes by working on gaps in programming and by conducting relevant needs assessment studies.
- Possess strong strategies in advocacy and is able to create and strengthen and demonstrate links between grass-root level advocacy initiatives with macro –level policy.
Please note that buildings, vehicles and other capital investments will not be considered for funding.
Registered Non Governmental Organizations and Trusts, in the states of Bihar ,Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh states are eligible for applying. Technical and financial review of the applications received, will be carried out by the Review Committee at the regional office. The review will be carried out using the following eligibility criteria.
- Registered under Societies Registration Act or Trust Act in India
- A minimum of 5 years experience in conducting field interventions.
- Proven experience in Disability programming in the above mentioned states.
- Employs a minimum of 3 professional staffs, with experience in Disability inclusive development, participatory rural appraisal and Community based rehabilitation.
- Should have carried out similar projects earlier.
- Proven skills of writing and publishing technical reports/papers
- Proven skills of community level interventions
- Should have good financial track record and handling of bilateral and multi-lateral funding
- Should not have been black-listed or notified by Government of India or its departments or by any international or national agency.
- The organization should possess a valid FCRA certificate
The deadline to submit the applications is November 30, 2011, 5.00 pm after which applications will not be encouraged. The management reserves the right to reject any or all applications. Please note that receipt of applications may not be acknowledged. For more information, download the document at this link.