The Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (YCSRR) is organizing the Africa Regional Training for Sexual and Reproductive Rights Advocates to build knowledge of youth activists on the International Conference on Population and Development Programme of Action (ICPD PoA) and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) review processes on regional and international levels, and assess how their commitments have been implemented at the country level.
The training will be held from February 18 – 21, 2013.
- Build the capacities of young leaders to incorporate youth SRHR issues in the ICPD 2014 Review process, MDG 2015 Review and national poverty reduction strategy (PRS) processes.
- Mobilize young people to advocate for youth SRHR in their respective national, regional and international ICPD and MDG review processes.
Training Learning Objectives
- Increase understanding of young people’s SRHR and its links to gender equality and poverty reduction.
- Increase knowledge of ICPD PoA, Beijing Platform for Action, and MDG commitments, their review processes and implementation through national-level processes.
- Strengthen advocacy skills of young people to influence policy at national, regional and international levels in the lead up to ICPD and MDGs review processes.
The YCSRR welcomes Letters of Interest from progressive youth-led and youth focused organisations who meet the eligibility criteria to nominate two young people from your organisation to participate in the training.
The deadline to submit applications is 14 December 2012. For more information, visit this link.