Deadline: 16 March 2016
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Management Support Unit in Paris, France. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Head of Management Support Unit will work under the supervision of the Director and will collaborate closely with the Senior Management team of their assigned Directorate and with the related central OECD centers to provide strategic guidance and advice on management.
The mission of OECD is to promote policies that will improve the Undertake research and contribute to the production of documents, working papers and publications, including drafting notes and preparing technical annexes.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Management Support Unit will perform the following functions-
- Assist and advise the Director and Deputy Director and members of the senior management team on the design and implementation of the Programme of Work and Budget, strategic oversight of human and financial resource management needs and general administration in accordance with the applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Represent the Directorate in organization-wide reform projects to ensure that new policies and procedures are implemented and managers are kept abreast of developments and that the Directorate’s concerns and needs are represented.
- Advise the Director and Deputy Director to ensure proper application of the internal control framework including compliance with Financial Regulations, Instructions and Procedures and Staff rules.
- Manage the Directorate’s Management Support Unit and its staff members, ensuring good teamwork, the professional development of MSU staff members and an effective collaboration between the MSU and managers, staff members and central OECD human resource, finance and communication counter parts.
- Co-ordinate the work of assistants on horizontal activities, taking account of the peaks in workload across the divisions.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree in business administration, human resources management, finance or a closely related field.
- At least ten years’ experience of which several years spent in a role with significant human and budget resource management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the OECD’s structure, processes, regulations and administrative systems or experience in a similar role in another International Organization would be an advantage.
- Experience and/or training in the communication field could also be desirable.
- Good level of experience in using resource management applications such as SAP, Oracle-PeopleSoft, etc.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OECD.