The Cherie Blair Foundation is based in London with a global reach; the Foundation is run by a dedicated team overseen by a board of trustees.
The foundation’s vision is of a world where women have equal opportunities and the capability, confidence and capital necessary to establish and grow businesses, resulting in a brighter future for the women themselves and their communities as a whole.
The foundation provides support in four key areas:
- Enterprise Development Programme : Enterprise Development Programme addresses the untapped potential of women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging markets, with many lacking access to the financial services, skills and opportunities they need to become successful business owners.The foundation focuses on providing women with tailored financial literacy and awareness training, coupled with access to different types of investment choices.
- Mentoring Women in Business Programme: Across physical and cultural distances, people from around the world are coming together to change lives. By combining mentoring with technology, the Mentoring Women in Business Programme is pioneering a new way of supporting women entrepreneurs.
- Mobile Technology Programme : The Foundation’s Mobile Technology Programme leverages mobile technology to support women entrepreneurs in becoming successful business owners. The programme works with a wide range of partners in the mobile ecosystem to provide women entrepreneurs with access to training, technology, networks and capital. We combine research, projects and advocacy across three models:
- Delivering customised mobile applications to address the unique challenges facing women entrepreneurs in developing economies
- Increasing the participation and capacity of women in mobile and banking agent networks
- Ensuring financial inclusion by providing mobile financial services to women entrepreneurs.