The Urgent Action Fund for women’s human rights, a global women’s fund to protect, strengthen and sustain women and transgender human rights defenders at critical moment, accepts grant applications for immediate support to women/transgender human rights defenders under its Rapid Response grant. These are the funding tool used to support interventions by activists in a strategic and timely manner.
- Potentially precedent-setting legal or legislative actions, or actions that aim to protect a precedent that has already been set.
- Protection and security of women human rights defenders – the Evacuation grants fall under this category.
Areas of Work
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Peace building
- Environmental Justice
- Land Rights
- Sex Worker Rights
- LGBTQ Rights
- Reproductive Rights
- and Other Issues
The activists applying for the Rapid Response Grant will receive response within 72 hours and funds disseminated within a week. Grant request up to $5,000 are considered for funding.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Grant proposals must be for the action that promotes the advancement of women’s human rights.
- The specific event or situation the applicant’s organization is responding to should be unanticipated and action must happen quickly to be effective.
- The applying group must have the support of others involved in women’s human rights or related fields, locally or globally.
- Women/transgender people must be the primary decision-makers in the organization, group, or action.
- Applications can be submitted in any language and any time of the year.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Apply for a Grant.