Deadline: 31 July 2016
The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice is seeking applications for its International Fund to support groups led by LGBTQI communities working for progressive social change, addressing oppression based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity and expression and advancing work for racial, economic and gender justice.
Astraea supports lesbian, trans, intersex and LGBTQI groups that promote racial, economic and gender justice and mobilize communities to challenge oppression and claim rights. It funds groups in the United States, primarily led by LGBTQI people of color, and groups across the globe.
Budget – $500,000 USD or less. It strengthens LGBTQI groups by providing flexible general support grants ranging from $5,000 to $30,000 per year.
- Based in Africa, Asia/the Pacific, Eastern Europe/Commonwealth of Independent States, Latin America/the Caribbean, or the Middle East.
- Led by and/or for LGBTQI communities. Non-LGBTI-led groups must demonstrate how they address LGBTI human rights issues and how they involve LGBTI’s in organizational and programmatic decision-making.
- Doing work towards long-term social change, on issues affecting LGBTQI people and/or people who are penalized, persecuted or harassed for their gender identity, gender expression, and/or sexual orientation.
- Non-governmental organizations, not-for-profit groups, or the equivalent are eligible for the funding
- Groups that have been active for at least one year at the time you send in your proposal. A group which has been active for less than one year may apply if you demonstrate your group’s ability to sustain activities over the long-term and illustrate how a grant would help you to build your organization’s capabilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit: http://www.astraeafoundation.org/apply-for-a-grant.