Deadline: 14 May 2016
The Scurrah Wainwright Charity is currently accepting applications for its grants program, in support of a wide range of charitable projects with an emphasis on social reform and tackling the root causes of Social Inequity.
Typically, grants size lies between £1,000 and £5,000.
The Charity has three programmes:
- Yorkshire: Trustees give priority to applicants working in the Yorkshire region. An organisation need not be based in the region but the project itself must directly benefit the Yorkshire community. The national charitable organisations are funded only if the project is specifically working in the Yorkshire region, with clear evidence of local control and access to the grant.
- Southern Africa, particularly Zimbabwe.
- Projects that have applied to the Andrew Wainwright Reform Trust because they meet the AWRT’s broad objectives to work for a just and democratic society and to redress political and social injustices, but have not been able to proceed with an application to that Trust because they are eligible for charitable funding.
An organisation does not have to be a charity to apply, but its work must satisfy the Charity Commission’s definition of charitable purposes and public benefit.
The Charity does not fund:
- Large and national charitable organisation unless specifically working in the Yorkshire region and providing local control and access to the grant
- Animal welfare
- Medical research or support for individual medical conditions
- Substitution for Government funding eg in education and health
- Charities who send unsolicited general appeal letters
- Activities that have already happened
- Applicants who do not have a UK bank account into which a grant can be paid
How to Apply
Applicants must submit:
- a completed application form
- Applicants’ most recent audited accounts
- an application of not more than two A4 pages, setting out:
- Background information about you and/or your organisation
- The nature of the project you wish to pursue and what it seeks to achieve
- Your plans for practical implementation of the work and a budget
- Other current funding applications, successful or not.
Applications must be sent via email or a post.
For more information, please visit this link.