Deadline: 19 February 2016
The United States Agency for International Development – Dominican Republic (USAID/DR) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. or non-U.S. organizations to apply for Disability Funding to increase the participation of people with disabilities in USAID programs/activities and to strengthen the capacity and leadership of civil society organizations run by and for people with disabilities herein referred to as Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
Projects may be stand-alone, targeted programs to benefit persons with disabilities, or they can be projects/activities that seek to mainstream persons with disabilities within larger Mission programs. Projects should reflect the most pressing needs in the country and/or align with the Mission’s development priorities.
- Increase the participation of people with disabilities in USAID programs/activities; and
- Strengthen the capacity and leadership of civil society organizations run by and for people with disabilities; herein referred to as Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
Subject to the availability of funds, the total estimated level of funding available for awards is approximately $6,000,000 over a 12-36 month period. Programs will be fund in two categories:
- Small fund programs: Ranging from $20,000 to $300,000
- Large fund programs Ranging from $300,000 – $600,000
USAID/DR will review applications based on the following criteria:
- Represents a pressing need in the Dominican Republic and/or demonstrates a clear linkage with USAID/DR Mission priorities
- Sound technical approach and likely to contribute to sustainable and institutional change
- Substantial involvement of and direct benefit to persons with disabilities
- Thoughtful integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Sound monitoring, evaluation and opportunities for learning
- Applications should be from qualified U.S. or non-U.S. entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations.
- Local DPOs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Mainstream (non-DPO) organizations applying for funds must include in their application letter(s) of signed support from local DPOs they intend to partner with for the purpose of the project.
- Partners new to USAID may submit applications. However, awards to these organizations may be significantly delayed if USAID must undertake necessary pre-award reviews of these organizations.
- USAID/DR will not accept applications from individuals. All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law. PIOs are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their application forms at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Expanding Participation of People with Disability.