The Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF) accepts applications from NGOs/ other not for profit organizations each year to undertake the different types of projects mentioned below while promoting international exchange, cooperation & understanding.
SPF contribute to the welfare of humankind and the sound development of the international community, and thus to world peace, by conducting activities fostering international understanding, exchange, and cooperation, as well as efforts to promote these activities.
The project program duration can be one to three years. The yearly budget per project has been between US$ 20,000 and US$100,000.
- The Sasakawa Pacific Island Nations Fund (SPINF)
- The Sasakawa Pan Asia Fund (SPAF)
- The Sasakawa Middle East Islam Fund (SMEIF)
- The Sasakawa Japan-China Friendship Fund (SJCFF)
Projects must promote international understanding, exchange, and cooperation, and must accord with program policy of SPF and program guidelines of SPF special funds.
- Funds of 18,077,610yen on Research on New Maritime Security in 2011.
- Funds of 8,620,080yen for Deep South Peace Media Network Development Project in Thailand.
- Funds of 13,500,000yen towards Alliance for Disaster Assistance in the Asia-Pacific Region in 2012.
- Funds of 11,700,000yen Empowering Civil Society in Southern Thailand through Regional Partnership in 2013
- Nonprofit organizations and Voluntary organizations of any nation are eligible to apply for grants.
- Organizations can include incorporated foundations and corporations, NPO corporations, universities and other incorporated educational institutions, and private organizations conducting non-profit activities, established on the basis of the Act on Promotion of Specified Non-profit Activities.
- Commercial enterprises and individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must be written in either Japanese or English.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the grant application cover sheet available on the website and send it via post attaching the documents (if necessary).
Note: Proposals sent by FAX or email will not be processed.