BACKUP’s grant management support comprises technical assistance on M&E, financial management, reporting, oversight and good governance. These interventions help to ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions, and also help to prevent the misappropriation of funds.
BACKUP supports PRs to develop risk management strategies for SRs and to strengthen their oversight and governance function. Furthermore, BACKUP develops risk management manuals, trains PRs on the implementation of risk mitigation strategies, and supports civil society organisations to improve how they implement.
The overriding objective of BACKUP’s work in the area of grant management is the reduction in five selected countries of operational programming and governance risks that the Global Fund considers as threatening the implementation of programmes. The achievement of this objective will be indicated by an improvement in the country’s risk rating calculated in accordance with the requirements of the Global Fund’s risk report.
Burundi, Congo (DRC), Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritania, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- The grant management for proposed projects should operate in line with BACKUP’s definition of grant management and with the Global Fund’s Grant Management Assurance Framework.
- The project should seek to maximize the impact of ongoing Global Fund investments through improved grant management.
- In the context of the Grant Management intervention area, BACKUP is particularly interested in project proposals that focus on mitigating programmatic and performance risks and also governance, oversight and management risks.
- Applications from countries that the Global Fund has categorised as having a high or medium level of risk will be prioritised in the selection process.
- Applicants that will be targeted with technical support are PRs managing a large number of SRs and civil society PRs seeking support to improve their grant management capacities.
How to Apply
Interested stakeholders can submit their application forms at the mail address, given on the PDF.
For more information, please download the PDF.